Difference in Memory on iMac

Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on a refurbished 24 inch iMac! Woo Hoo! It ships with 1 gig of memory. I'm a designer and I was wondering if anyone out there has had a problem using Photoshop, InDesign or Quark with 1 gig of ram. With Rosetta being as slow as it is, would 2 gigs help my machine move faster or could I wait for CS3 to come out and be as fast as it should be. Even then, would another gig help — I mean of course it would, but would it be necessary? Any insight would be appreciated!

Reaction score
It should run pretty darn good with just 1 gig of ram, but it will work even better with two, especially if you want to have more programs up and running at the same time. You really won't see much difference between 1 and 2 gigs, certainly not like between 1/2 and 1 gig, but things will run smoother when running multiple or ram hungry programs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.