Apple’s release procedure

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD
I am not sure if this is against the rules (if so I am very sorry and please delete) but do Apple normally release their OS in several countries at once?

I live in the UK and am waiting to buy a MBP and Mac Mini. I want to get one with the new Leopard OS.

Going by previous OS release does the OS come out in the US and UK/Europe at the same time?

Are all Mac Hardware products release with the new OS on the software is release?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Apple do usually release most products in the UK and US at the same time. For example, the coloured iPod shuffles were released simultaneously the other day.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for that.

Now all I have to do is wait to buy a MBP and Mini.............. I hate waiting!

On a side note I have heard a lot of people say that I should avoid new OS X releases as it takes some time to work out the bugs. Do Apple not release free patches and bug fixes like MS do with their Windows Update service?

Reaction score
Yes, you'll get free software updates periodically.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
The early versions of OS X were very buggy, but Tiger and Jaguar were fine out of the box.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks guys.

I was getting worried that I might have to pay to get bugs fixed or I would have to just live with any bugs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 / 1Gb Ram / 80Gb /
does anyone know if it the same for candada

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.