• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Poll: Mockup Design for my website...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I'm working on my website, suxornaut (a review site), but I'm having trouble working out which direction I want to go design wise. So, I've got 4 thumbs that, when clicked, will reveal a "theme". Vote on which one you'd like to see!

Thanks!

"Dirty"

"Sleek Grey"

"Paper Tape"

"Black Aura"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
just my opinion, paper tape and dirty should not even be an option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Yeah, I think "dirty" and "paper tape" really don't fit in with the whole "sux or not" theme.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Sleek Grey is the best IMHO. Not a fan of Black Aura.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Regardless of how "in" it may be at the moment, I really despise the whole "web 2.0" look of the Sleek Grey one. Same goes for the Dirty and Paper Tape ones.
The Black Aura seems to be the most effective. It is clean, simple and doesn't have all the overdone reflections, bubble-like boxes, and candy-styled buttons look of the majority of the Web 2.0 type sites out there. The other sites all look like a template, so they look like every other site out there. You would want your site to stand out (at least I would) so you shouldn't go for a templated look.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
I voted for Black Aura also. I can't come up with any particular reason other than that's the one that happened to tickle my fancy.

OP
surfwax95
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree that most of this stuff is overdone, I'm just trying to get a feel of what would work for the site.

Thanks for then input, but keep it coming!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I voted for Black Aura also. I can't come up with any particular reason other than that's the one that happened to tickle my fancy.

What he said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I think that's a difficult one - based on design alone I think they all look awsome - but like DB said - if it's a 'sux or not' then maybe some design really fit the mould - but I personally do like the web 2.0 look and think it is a good route to go.

The Black aura one looks great - but sometimes black & white is a bit too much (white on black as opposed to the other way - but even then some people don't like too much white I guess) I think the image you've provided of black Aura looks the part now - but what will it look like with loads more text on?

The web 2.0 look got my vote - but well done man - I think they all look great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I like #1 (Dirty). The sleek black one looks way too much like wordpress and countless other sites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
I think the sleek gray one is a little boring and common. I acctually like the paper one, and dirty and black aura. haha but i voted for dirty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
Black Aura gets my vote, it looks more "Mac-ish" than any of the others!

OP
surfwax95
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Now, granted, we're on a Mac forum, but the site isn't trying to look Mac-ish. I just want it to be a clean, original style that's easy to like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
Surfwax95, I wasn't saying to make it Mac-ish because we're on a Mac forum, that one just looked the most appealing to me, and Macs are ultra cool so I thought about a Mac when I saw that one. It jumped out at me more than the others too, just more clean looking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Dirty caught my eye as the others look overdone for some reason. Black Aura and Paper Tape look like other sites and very ordinary. I think Dirty is sleek looking and well....different. IMO

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i like the black aura, but i really like white on black so yea, they are all great though

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.