Erratic Xtorrent behavior

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
To anyone that has experience with Xtorrent:

For some reason just tonight when I loaded up Xtorrent it seems to start downloading for a brief amount of time and then auto pause whatever I have running. Frustrated, I manually resume the download only to have it auto pause itself again a minute later. Any ideas?

Reaction score
I'm experiencing the exact same thing. And to make things worse, the constant pausing and restarting seems to corrupt every download. I've only noticed it since I upgraded to the final version. This never happened with the beta. Does David watanabe have any kind of support forum for xtorrent? I haven't been able to find anything.

Reaction score
same issue

It definitely doesn't happen to all of my files, only 1 or 2 so far, but they're files that have ample seeders. I don't understand why it auto pauses. I've searched the internet, looked through every option in the toolbar menus, and even emailed the developer (who did not reply to me). What is causing these files to auto pause? I don't get it.

I would really like to know the cause and weather or not anything can be done to remedy it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
What's so great about Xtorrent? Transmission is the current best torrent client for the mac. The 1.0 version is particularly kickass (although, they've put in some ugly buttons in there)

Reaction score
pausing

I had the same issue with xtorrent.

It started happening after I migrated all my data to a new account.

Downloading a new copy of xTorrent and deleting the old copy as well as it prefs and other files (just search for xtorrent and delete the files) seems to have worked for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch, iPod classic 30
Hi, I was having the same problem and reinstalled xtorrent and all is better now. The problem however does not reside in the application folder icon or app/package but in one of the other three files I found and deleted. I found the files using the app uninstaller: AppZapper. AppZapper - The uninstaller Apple forgot. I think it's free or trial or something. If you need to know the specific files, please let me know.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.4C2D/4GB/250GB
Reaction score
You're best off getting in touch with the developer if you have issues with his software. If the past is any indication, you might as well save time and frustration by downloading a free client rather than waiting for him to respond.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.