Cleaning the screen

Reaction score
i am a recent buyer of a white macbook...i was curious what the best product/method people use to clean their screen/the whole laptop...

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz
I use iKlear and it works great. I'd recomend it

Reaction score
BUY A POLISHING MICRO FIBER TOWEL. You can get this from an auto detailing place on line. It costs about $7 and all you need is a bit of water to moisten the rag. It does not scratch anything and it leaves the screen and macbook looking brand new. I use these rags on my porsche and M3. I wash them about 3 times a week and they have no swirls. I know it sounds weird but these rags are the best for the mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
I don't know what the cleaning solutions are made of that you buy in a bottle from Best Buy, ect, but I create a solution in a small squirt bottle that is made up of 20% ethyl alcohol (from the drug store) and 80% water. Spray a bit of that on the screen and wipe with a micro fiber cloth (as suggested by kilo15). When I don't have the bottle handy simply breathing on my screen, thereby creating condensation, and wiping with said cloth does the trick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz (white), iPod Photo 40GB, iPod Nano 4GB
Water

I get my screen cleaner free from my tap :)

I just use water and a soft old cotton rag (generally an old t-shirt) and it works perfectly and doesn't cost me a dime. It gets all of the smudges off quickly and easily.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo
you dont need to waste money on fancy stuff, go to wallmart and head to the car cleaning supplies there get a Microfiber cloth(very soft and will not scratch ur Mac)
moisten one corner of the microfiber cloth with warm water(if the mac is greasy, put a small amount or soap) wipe your mac(you dont want the towel to be dripping just moist) and then with the dry corner remove the residue and your mac will shine like new again.
Magic eraser is great for removing stains(ink or food color or............) but for daily cleaning and greasy fingers use a microfiber towel(should cost for a pack of 4 around $3-$6 )

hope this helps

Reaction score
you dont need to waste money on fancy stuff, go to wallmart and head to the car cleaning supplies there get a Microfiber cloth(very soft and will not scratch ur Mac)
moisten one corner of the microfiber cloth with warm water(if the mac is greasy, put a small amount or soap) wipe your mac(you dont want the towel to be dripping just moist) and then with the dry corner remove the residue and your mac will shine like new again.
Magic eraser is great for removing stains(ink or food color or............) but for daily cleaning and greasy fingers use a microfiber towel(should cost for a pack of 4 around $3-$6 )

hope this helps

THATS WHAT I DO. I order them online with my car supplies. They are softer and cheaper. All you need is a MF rag and some water.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
I use iKlear on the screen with the Microfibre cloth that it comes with.

I was going to try some Collinite 476s on the exterior, but I was worried about the petrochemicals in it, so I'm going to have a go with some Zymol Titanium glaze on the case.

Anyone else used automotive wax on the exterior?

Reaction score
I use iKlear on the screen with the Microfibre cloth that it comes with.

I was going to try some Collinite 476s on the exterior, but I was worried about the petrochemicals in it, so I'm going to have a go with some Zymol Titanium glaze on the case.

Anyone else used automotive wax on the exterior?

I use klasse AIO. Its like a glaze but stronger. I follow it up with p21S carnuba wax.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
;) Glad to see another detailer on the site

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
Not to hijack the thread, but what can I use to clean my actual iBook? Where my hands rest from typing it is discoloring, and a pencil eraser will bring it off, but it comes right back within a week of use. Any recommendations?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
for strong stains like the ones on the wrist rest area i heard that Mr clean magic eraser works great.

T

todd51

Sounds like I should be switching to the MF cloths in the automotive section.

I use some cheap laptop screen wipes right now that I picked up at Wal-Mart, but they are too moist and leave streaks!

Reaction score
They might have the cheap ones though. Just give the rag a good wash woth no soap and dry it before you use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
for strong stains like the ones on the wrist rest area i heard that Mr clean magic eraser works great.

I got some and tried it, 6 out of 5 stars to those things, nothing would bring those off but that Magic Eraser, kudos to Mr Clean! :D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got some and tried it, 6 out of 5 stars to those things, nothing would bring those off but that Magic Eraser, kudos to Mr Clean! :D :D

iam glad it helped

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
Would a lens cleaner cloth and a bit of water do?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.