Graphic Card

H

hiohokaybye

Does anyone know if you can buy a NVidia Graphic Card or an ATI Radeon X1600 Graphic Card for my Macbook 13' intel Core 2 Duo w/ 2gb of ram?? Thanks for whoever answer!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I don't think you can upgrade the graphic card on any laptop. I believe it is part of the main board.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The graphics card is integrated into the logic board, there is no way to upgrade it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Alum 20'' 2.4GHz | iMac G4 | iPod Silver Nano 2GB
I would't suggest 'gaming' on a Laptop. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Laptops aren't very effiecent when it comes to gaming. They aren't as powerful as a desktop. Which is why good gameing laptops costs 3x-4x as much as a good gaming desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
What he said.

In general it is not economical to put all of your resources into a "Gaming Laptop", it's just not practical. You could spend nearly five thousand dollars on a top of the line gaming laptop, but what have you really spent the money on? Certainly not the raw power, but more along the lines of the compression of the hardware so that it can fit into a small chassis.

So first, you've spent the extra for that micro (but "l33t") video card even though a more powerful one exists for cheaper for the regular sized PC market.
Second, you are extremely limited to substantial hardware upgrading. To do any type of significant (referring to processor or gpu) upgrading, you generally need to purchase an entire new machine :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.