HD replacement void warranty?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
will replacing the HD in my c2d mbp void my warranty. ive heard so many different things on this subject. Ive heard that since its not considered "user servicable" on the pros, that it will void the warranty. Ive also heard that apple considers any HD replacement to NOT void the warranty in these machines, as long as the HD didnt cause a future problem?

looking for more than words on this one guys, specific to the pro model. Need it in apple writing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.0Ghz(CD)/512/80/128MB VRAM/15"
I called apple about this not too long ago. Basically you can do whatever the you want but if you screw it up your SOL.

I called 2 weeks ago about replacing RAM, HD and disassembling it to get the case painted and thats what the guy told me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
My thoughts on it are that the manual only specifies directions on replacing or adding RAM. Even though I am technically able to replace the hard drive I probably wouldn't for that reason. I did do the RAM though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.