messenger

Reaction score
When I'm using msn messenger there's a hard disk icon that appears on my desktop (when I launch msn).But I can't delete it.I have the real msn icon on my application folders and I did a shortcut to my dock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
Did you try moving the MSN hard drive to the trash (it will turn to an eject icon) while MSN is fully closed (not minimized)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Is it possible that you are launching MSN by double clicking a .dmg file and then double clicking MSN from within there? If this is the case, next time drag and drop the .app file to your Applications folder and then Eject the disk icon on your desktop. From now on, start MSN from within your Applications folder.

Unfortunately I am out of town on a business trip and can't check to be sure that MSN is distributed this way. So this is offered as a "just in case" sort of tip. Most Mac apps are this way, but MSN *is* a Microsoft app, so you never know!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Doesn't MSN have a shared folder option? Maybe it's a folder being created by MSN for you to share files with other people? In Windows the folder is in "My Documents", but since I haven't tried MSN for Mac, I'm just guessing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Is it possible that you are launching MSN by double clicking a .dmg file and then double clicking MSN from within there? If this is the case, next time drag and drop the .app file to your Applications folder and then Eject the disk icon on your desktop. From now on, start MSN from within your Applications folder.

Unfortunately I am out of town on a business trip and can't check to be sure that MSN is distributed this way. So this is offered as a "just in case" sort of tip. Most Mac apps are this way, but MSN *is* a Microsoft app, so you never know!

You hit the nail right on the head, mac57. This shortcut he created was to the .dmg file. I just re-created the problem myself to be sure, and that was right.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.