Parallels with Boot Camp Partition slowing computer down

Reaction score
I've had a MacBook Pro for around 3 months and have used it with Parallels and have been very happy with it. I was amazed how fast Windows XP ran on the Mac and as well OS X performed well. Now with the newer release of Parallels supporting Boot Camp partitions I decided to go that route figuring I can use Boot Camp for gaming and otherwise run Boot Camp through Parallels. Once I went this route though Windows slowed down a lot. Most of all when I went into OS X it as well ran much slower if Parallels was open. Most of this delay occurs when booting up Windows but as well even otherwise it runs slower. Has anyone else been experiencing this? I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or something that may be fixed in a future Parallels update since this is a new feature.
Unfortunately I'm ready to go back to a Parallels Virtual Drive. I know I can use both Boot Camp and Parallels separately as well. Most of the problem is with hard drive space then but maybe once Boot Camp works on external hard drives (I hope it will soon) I will go that route.

Reaction score
No clue then. I'm still very much a newb with my new MBP and just added another 1 gig (for a total of 2) today so Parallels would work better. I haven't messed around with Bootcamp at all let alone the mix of OSX, Bootcamp and Parallels.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.