Viewing OS X partition on Vista

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz macbook, 2GB RAM, 80GB HD.
I have all my music on my main OS X partition, I got Vista installed and both are working fine. I use my OS X partition the most, however I don't want to be crippled without all of my media when I must run windows for school, work, etc...

Is there an option in OS X that makes it visible to Vista? Or is there a program for OS X (Or vista) that enables me to be able to share files?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have all my music on my main OS X partition, I got Vista installed and both are working fine. I use my OS X partition the most, however I don't want to be crippled without all of my media when I must run windows for school, work, etc...

Is there an option in OS X that makes it visible to Vista? Or is there a program for OS X (Or vista) that enables me to be able to share files?

Vista doesn't have the capability of mounting the HFS filesystem which is what OS X uses. However, if you run Windows via Parallels (at least if you use the latest beta), you can drag and drop files back and forth between the OS X drive and your Windows drives.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
MacDrive is a program for XP that allows you to read/write HFS+. You should see if it works in Vista...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.