• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What Should I Get?

Reaction score
So, my birthday is comming up and I'm not sure what to ask for.... Does anyone hve any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
So, my birthday is comming up and I'm not sure what to ask for.... Does anyone hve any suggestions?

I am sort of in the same boat. whens your birthday, mine is April 7th. Originally I was going to get the RAM upgrade, but just ended up paying for it and getting it myself. I may get some moeny to put towards a Mac Mini to use as a media center, i dunno...

OP
E
Reaction score
A mac-mini media centre would be cool, but I don't think it would be all that use full. I already have digital cable with pvr and dvd player and a BIG LCD HDTV

T

todd51

My birthday is in March and I'm going to be asking for a new iPod, or a Ram upgrade for my MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Geez, looking at your signature, it looks like theres not much you could ask for. Maybe you should preorder an apple tv or set aside some money for an iphone or leopard. None of those are very exciting but they might pay off in the long run.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
You could always go for a pony. Or perhaps a golden statue of Steve Jobs giving a big 'thumbs up' outside your house to passers-by.

OP
E
Reaction score
You could always go for a pony. Or perhaps a golden statue of Steve Jobs giving a big 'thumbs up' outside your house to passers-by.
Good Idea!! Maybe I will get the statue next year, but I don't feel like scaring anyone...

Do you have an iPod or AppleCare on any of your Macs?
I already have apple care on all my macs,
I don't have an ipod, but I don't really listen to music, so I don't want one...

Geez, looking at your signature, it looks like theres not much you could ask for. Maybe you should preorder an apple tv or set aside some money for an iphone or leopard. None of those are very exciting but they might pay off in the long run.
I don't really want an apple tv, like I said Uptop, I have no need for streaming to a tv, I already have some money set aside for Leopard, so i'm find there

It does not have to be an apple product... Im also a final cut editor, bt I have pretty basic stuff, (an iMac 20", a external monitor, a 3-CCD camcorder and some mics) I would like an interface or a table maybe. Or a camera thing. I have considered a Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 or Wii but I'm not a big gamer and I don't think I would use it.

T

todd51

LOL @ Sebastian...if I saw a golden statue of Steve Jobs giving a "thumbs up" I think I would literally die from laughter.

T

todd51

What about just gift cards to your favorite stores to buy clothes so you can get some new summer outfits?

Even a gift card from Apple would be good so when you DO know what you want, you can get it :)

OP
E
Reaction score
Stock in Apple? or what? Do you guys own Apple Stock?

OP
E
Reaction score
What about just gift cards to your favorite stores to buy clothes so you can get some new summer outfits?

Even a gift card from Apple would be good so when you DO know what you want, you can get it :)
A gift card would be good, but why, so I can waste it on something I don't even want?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 1.6 GHz Powermac Yosemite, iMac G3, Macbook, and a bunch of antiques
Ok so i say forget the nerdy things, no offence to anyone here in any way if you see my eleborate dumb list of computers lol, not really, you should get a keyboard cover that has final cut shortcuts on it so you don't need another keyboard, i think they r awsome!IM ME [email protected]

OP
E
Reaction score
Ok so i say forget the nerdy things, no offence to anyone here in any way if you see my eleborate dumb list of computers lol, not really, you should get a keyboard cover that has final cut shortcuts on it so you don't need another keyboard, i think they r awsome!IM ME [email protected]
I'll look into it, do you have any in mind?

T

todd51

A gift card would be good, but why, so I can waste it on something I don't even want?

I don't know about you, but I don't spend gift cards on useless stuff I don't want...but that's just my $.02

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 1.6 GHz Powermac Yosemite, iMac G3, Macbook, and a bunch of antiques
Yeah, the same company that makes awsome ipod cases iSkins also makes a lot of different keyboard cases, and they fit the apple pro keyboard perfect, im kinda asuming u have a apple keyboard i think it only fits the newer ones.

OP
E
Reaction score
Yeah, the same company that makes awsome ipod cases iSkins also makes a lot of different keyboard cases, and they fit the apple pro keyboard perfect, im kinda asuming u have a apple keyboard i think it only fits the newer ones.
Ya, I have an apple keyboard...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Buy apple stock. That is a wise investment. If you get it before WWDC, you might be able to sell it shortly after the conference as it will probably hit a high.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Apple stock has done very well for me thus far.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.