• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A Mac user switches to Vista

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I found this article highly amusing, but nonetheless fairly objective, although it doesn't recognize the fact that Vista includes DRM and is a huge resource hog compared to OS X.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16873608/page/4/

...what's really funny is that if you read it up until the very end, the story should have been titled "A Mac user switches to Vista... and then right back to Mac". Of course, this being MSNBC, you're not going to find too much Anti-Microsoft commentary - especially not about Vista at the moment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Ha! gonna send this to a few specially chosen friends...lol

Reaction score
After reading that, I'm glad he didn't decide after a couple hours or days that he was going to switch back... he took his time and had two different computers with Vista on it before he decided that it wasn't for him. Good read.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
OS X has DRM as well, more than XP less than Vista, I imagine Leopard will probably be similar to Vista in the end where DRM counts.

I like both systems though, each has good and bad points.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
awe a beautiful story. fair and balanced ;)

OP
cwa107

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
OS X has DRM as well, more than XP less than Vista, I imagine Leopard will probably be similar to Vista in the end where DRM counts.

I like both systems though, each has good and bad points.

How so? I'm aware of the DRM protections in iTunes, but other than that, I wasn't aware of any other DRM technologies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
At least there was a happy ending! LOL
He is what I call a techno-flipflopper, but I'm glad to see him back in a Mac saddle after all! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
digital audio G4 /466
I've been using my Mac g4 since feb 2001 ... lots of wear and tear running
M.O.T.U's digital performer3 music/sequencer programme.Before that atari and dell pc/w98. I was always on 0s9 because of this software but now up to the latest osx. I absolutly love it. My old machine seems brand new. I'm upgrading the processor and music software this week ... can't wait. I use xp everyday in my studio office...not a great experience like the mac osx. The vista can only be an improvement to xp. Personally ... I'm going to get a mac mini for the office next month and say goodbye to windows.... forever ??? ... well who knows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
What is the new iMac going to be that is supposedly different? I have heard about it bud don't know what is supposed to be different. Could someone enlighten me? Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.