Financial Software for UK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD
Hi,

I am still looking to switch over to a mac but after reading about recommended apps for switchers it got me thinking.

I would really like a simple app that could keep track of my finances and that would look nice and be easy to read.

I want something were I can put in my current bank, savings and other balances and to add in my salary I would like to do this once (unless I get a change in pay) and then for it to automatically know when each month my pay will come into my account and calculate it for me.

I would also like it to keep track of my out goings too.

With my dad being an account he set me up a massive spreadsheet in excel but it so complicated, big and ugly looking I don't want to use it.

I have seen an app called Cashbox but does that work with £'s?

I also have things like overdrafts set up so if it could work with that it would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" CD iMac and black C2D MacBook
Hi Armadilo,

Like you, I'm situated in the UK and I find that many of the Mac specific accounting programs are US$ based. A year ago I was a PC user like you but, rather than Excel, I used MS Money which is an absolutely superb program that does everything you need and more (and costs about £12 to buy). Until recently I kept the old PC running just to keep track of my finances on MS Money. However, I'm now running Win XP on my Intel iMac using Parallels Desktop which means that I can use MS Money on my Mac. I would strongly suggest you consider this as an option - it's worked for me.

HTH

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks man.

I make my living as a .NET developer so I am going to have boot camp running to run Visual Studio running. So I could use MS Money. I forgot that program even existed (my very first PC came with a copy - although at that time it was on Windows 95 and I had not hit my teens).

If the current version is £12 I think I'll go buy it now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Might be worth looking at Check Book. Made for Mac and covers most if not all currencies. The software is made in the USA but the users are from all over the world.
http://www.splasm.com/products/index.html

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for that. I'll give that a look too.

The app looks nice,clean and simple too :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
Microsoft Money is fantastic, I would personally recommend it myself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.