Tablet Help!

Reaction score
I just recieved a Wacom tablet for my birthday (graphire 4) and started using it and noticed some troubling things. When plugged in, my MBP seems to assume that the command button is being held down. It's not, and as a result, I cannot type, I cannot run programs properly, even using the finder is a pain. My MBP also seems to get sluggish after trying to commandize everyting. (Pressing escape alone opens up front row!). When I disconnect the tablet, the sluggish command-held-attitude lingers for a while, and I often have to restart or logout to get things back to normal. (Restarting the Finder won't do it).

I've tried re-installing the software multiple times, from the disc and thier site. I suspected that my MBP may be using rossetta, but I couldn't conclude if that was the case. I don't think I'm overlooking anything, but I very well might be.

Do you guys think this is a software issue, or a hardware issue?

Also...I did use the tablet on my Powerbook and found similiar symptoms. If it is a software issue, I would like to know of a remedy.

Also, any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks,
vbr2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Hmm, I havent had any problems with mine. I'm kinda wondering if there is something configured wrong with the software.

Yes, it looks like it is a PPC driver, which could be a problem, but not sure why it would do the same thing on the powerbook.

Edit: ok, they do say that it is a universal driver. Do you have the version 4.95 driver?

OP
V
Reaction score
yea, 4.95. The software seems to work fine. The tablet prefrences are all there and I have no problem using the tablet when the locked command function doesn't impede drawing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.