accidentally deleted some languages i need

Reaction score
I used omnilingual to delete a whole pile of languages off my computer that I didn't need but I accidentally checked American English which has lead to most of my non-apple applications such as Photoshop to stop working. I also can't seem to use uninstall packages on them nor can I install updates or install over the top of the main ones [little apps like Real Player were easily fixed by deleting and re-downloading].

Short of wiping the HD and re-installing my OS is there anyway to fix the problem. Until I fix the languages the applications won't even begin to load. I also need these applications for my work to get done though in the mean time I am using a pc...

Appreciate any and all help.

Thanks
Mim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
i am pretty sure you don't need to wipe your install of OS X, you should be able to just do a reinstall over top and everything should work fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
You shouldn't need a re-install of MacOS... Just go into the installer and customize and select the language(s) you need.

Reaction score
If for any reason djames42's suggestion doesn't work because of the DVD's install limitations, try Pacifist. It opens installer packages from the Mac Intaller DVD or CDs, allowing you to install single files. It's shareware, but I think it allows you to try it. From the description at MacUpdate:
Pacifist is a small program that opens up .pkg installer packages and lets you install individual files out of them. This is useful if you need to install just one file out of a package instead of the entire package (for example, if you deleted Sherlock and need to reinstall it, but not the whole operating system), if you experience bugs in Installer.app that mess up your symbolic links, or if you just like a little more control over the installation process. Pacifist can also examine the kernel extensions installed in your system to let you see what installer installed them, and whether the installer was made by Apple or a third-party.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.