magnet in macbook screen

Reaction score
i was wondering if you would damage the magnet in the screen that is designed to hold it close to by using it to hold other objects(aka apple remote:bushman:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I use mine to hold my apple remote out of the way behind the screen. Can't imagine it causing any harm - it's magnetic all the time whether anything is attached or not :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
You can get the remote to stick to the screen? Mine falls off! The stronger magnets are in the case by the palm rest area

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Mine has no magnets in the palm rest area at all - they're in the top left and right corners of the screen. In fact, the only magnetic device I have down there is the hard drive - don't want to be keeping magnets near that!

What model macbook have you got, and what build week? I wonder if some were/are different ...

Here's a quick proof-piccy:

DSC00144.jpg

DSC00143.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I use the magnet on my white macbook to hold the remote to the screen as well, but my wife's magnet on her black macbook seems to not be as strong as mine, or at least more sensitive to where you position it to stick. Falls off very easily while mine hold fairly well.

I also worried about the magnet on an iPod case I got that keeps a screen cover in place might hurt the iPod, but I think not. Ever take the magnets out of an old hard drive? Now THOSE suckers are strong! I don't think the weak Mac magnets will hurt anything, but hard drive magnets will wipe your credit cards through your wallet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I have a black macbook. the original core duo one. The reote sticks on the inside only, slides off on te outside.... and as for it sticking to the palm area.... i think rubbing the remote around the magnet trying to get it to stick on the back might have magnatized it so IT was stickin to the case lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.