aaah my baby!

C

chris041067

ok so im sitting in class today and i notice that there is a DENT in the corner of my brand new powerbook. I have no clue how it got there..but its VERy noticeable...a little smaller than a dime in size....the corner of the case is just bent in. Im so sad now. Does anyone know if theres maybe a way to fix it, even a little, or cover it up or something? and is there a way to actually replace the casing of the pb? i know that would probably cost alot, but can it be done? any help here would be good.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You can try www.pbparts.com. I have never used them. So i don't know if they are good or bad.

OP
C

chris041067

rman said:
You can try www.pbparts.com. I have never used them. So i don't know if they are good or bad.

wow so looks like it would run me $230 if i were to get it from there...
i dont think i want to do that just yet...ill wait until something either really bad happens or i get to the point where i cant stand this dent any more.

does anyone know of anything i could do other than replacing the bottom of the case? (some sort of sleeve or cover for the pb?)

and also what would be a good case to get to put the pb in for when i travel or take it to school? preferable something small. Anyone have anything and would like to reccomend it?

thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I don't have any recommendations, but I would say do not sweat the small stuff.. I've had my powerbook for a little over two years now.. and well.. it looks like it :) But you know what.. it still works beautifully! If you're going for a fashion statement, buy a chunk of metal that looks like a powerbook and show it off, it'll be cheaper.. otherwise just use your powerbook.. it's going to be bumped, it's going to be dented.. paint might even fleck off, etc etc.. might even get scratches *ugh*, but hey.. it'll still be a very sweet machine :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
chris041067 said:
wow so looks like it would run me $230 if i were to get it from there...
i dont think i want to do that just yet...ill wait until something either really bad happens or i get to the point where i cant stand this dent any more.

does anyone know of anything i could do other than replacing the bottom of the case? (some sort of sleeve or cover for the pb?)

and also what would be a good case to get to put the pb in for when i travel or take it to school? preferable something small. Anyone have anything and would like to reccomend it?

thanks.

I have the 15" laptop case from www.shinza.com. It's kind of like the Tempur-pedic material that's used in those beds and pillows. I use that along with a laptop bag and I have yet to encounter any problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
fasheezy said:
I have the 15" laptop case from www.shinza.com. It's kind of like the Tempur-pedic material that's used in those beds and pillows. I use that along with a laptop bag and I have yet to encounter any problems.

I apologize, I meant the 15" laptop SLEEVE, not case.

OP
C

chris041067

fasheezy said:
I apologize, I meant the 15" laptop SLEEVE, not case.

thanks, i live that sleeve alot...it looks good for carrying my pb in a backpack.

OP
T

TylerMoney

I've had my powerbook for about..eh...well..just about 90 days (**** phone service is almost up). My book still looks brand new. Now I am pretty anal retentive when it comes to moving it safely. It's always in a case..or sitting on my desk....I never ever leave it anywhere else. I even wash my hands before I use it..why? I don't know...but it's a beauty. Though I know I'm only postponing the enevitalbe; I will one day have some dents and scratches, and I can live with that.

OP
G

goodVSbad

I'm the same way TylerMoney, I treat it like some revered object. and considering how much I paid, it is!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Funny I was like that, but three years later. lol A few scratches and a small dent. :p

OP
P

PowerbookG417

as far as the dent in the powerbook, its a very touchie issue here and we all feel your pain..if its a big deal strip the case and with a hammer pound the dent out from the inside if you can...just like you would to a car body....worth a shot i guess...

OP
S

StarManta

I'm anal about my powerbook's look.... I've had it over 6 months and (except for the screen....sigh) there's like 2 scratches on it. It's beautiful.

OP
C

chris041067

well except for this small dent it looks great...and i have decided im just going to leave it alone...gives it character haha. My pb has been flawless since i bought it and i dont want to risk screwing anything up. Ill go get one of those sleeves and thatll cover up the dent anyways :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.