How to completly delete something fully?

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a question. I want to know how to completly delete something. For example. I downloaded the trial for Shake 4.1. Now, I decided against Shake and I deleted the application 'Shake." Although when I still use spotlight, and type in 'shake' I still get results for the program. Is there anyway that I can complelty delete shake and all the files that came along with it? Thanks!

Tim Geary

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a question. I want to know how to completly delete something. For example. I downloaded the trial for Shake 4.1. Now, I decided against Shake and I deleted the application 'Shake." Although when I still use spotlight, and type in 'shake' I still get results for the program. Is there anyway that I can complelty delete shake and all the files that came along with it? Thanks!

Tim Geary

G'day irishsti & a belated welcome to Mac-Forums,

The method I use is to fire up spotlight and do a search (as you mentioned above) for the app. I ask Spotlight to Display all the entries and I select them one by one and ctrl/right-click on each and select "Reveal in Finder" from the menu.

I then just delete them and through this process of elimination the app and all files connected are trashed from my system.

There is also some 3rd Party software for the job as well. The main one that springs to mind is AppZapper (click link). I did trial this and while it's fun to use I decided that I could just as easily trash apps using Spotlight.

OP
I
Reaction score
Pulse,
Thanks for the welcome and very fast response to my question. I will try what you suggested right now. Thank you again!

-Tim

Reaction score
I search and then send them to the trash. Once In the trash I do a secure trash delete.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.