Can't do Anything

Reaction score
When I logged into my account, the toolbar on the top of the screen did not appear and the Finder Application would not load causing all of my other applications to not load. (I am not on that same computer right now.) When ever I typed in Command+option+esc and clicked relaunch Finder, I would be logged off and when I tried to log in again the screen turned black and went into the Darwin BSD (or something like that) form. The other accounts on that computer seem to work and I was wondering if there was a way to fix my account using there's. Thanks in advance.:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Use one of the other accounts, providing one of them is an admin acct., go into:

YOURUSERNAME/Library/Preferences/

and delete com.apple.finder.preferences (I'm going off of memory since I'm not on my Mac right now).

Try logging in afterwards.

Reaction score
No, it's just a preference or plist file. A new one will be created when you log in again.

OP
Britn
Reaction score
Use one of the other accounts, providing one of them is an admin acct., go into:

YOURUSERNAME/Library/Preferences/

and delete com.apple.finder.preferences (I'm going off of memory since I'm not on my Mac right now).

Try logging in afterwards.
But I tried that and whenever I got to myusername/Library... it wouldn't let me open it because (even as an administrator) i had no privileges.

M

MacHeadCase

You didn't give us any info on which computer you use or which OS X version you run on it but from the title I gather you are running a Panther 10.3.x flavour. Is this correct?

If this is indeed the case, then repairing disk permissions would be the first thing to do. Just go to the Utilities folder and launch Apple's Disk Utility. Choose your hard drive icon and click on Repair Disk Permissions.

If you are running Tiger, 10.4.x this is not a solution though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.