Share Sticky Notes Across User Accounts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17-inch; 2.16GHz; 1Gb RAM
I've set up my MBP with an account for each family member. We would like to set-up the STICKIES application so we can share sticky notes on the desktop so everyone can see the note when they login.

I've moved the STICKIES application into the PUBLIC folder and made it available on start-up, but still no public notes. I've also followed the MAC-HELP advice, but can't seem to drop a Sticky Note onto a user's DROP BOX.

smmanning

OP
smmanning
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17-inch; 2.16GHz; 1Gb RAM
I'm Assuming This Can't be Done

From the lack of response to this inquiry, I'm assuming the the Stickies application cannot be set-up so individual users on the same computer can share sticky notes among one another.

This would be a nice tool - like sharing notes on the refrigerator.

SM2

Reaction score
I did search quite extensively but came up with zilch on that one, sorry.

Seems it would be easier to use email.

Reaction score
Well I couldn't track down a method to offer smmanning but just then I found out that when someone who has another user account on your Mac pops something into your Drop Box, you can receive notification via a message dialog box that will appear on your desktop....read on:

Adding Automation Through Folder Actions

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.