Question about changing icons

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Mac Pro: 2.66 Ghz, 2GB RAM, 23" HD Cenima Display
Ok, I know this is really not an important question, but I want to change a few icons and am running into a problem. When I click "Get Info" and then go to the edit menu in the Finder, I cannot select Copy becasue it's grey, or unselectable. Any idea why this is? I'm using OS X Tiger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
have you just tried hilighting whatever icon you want to change then do an open apple I hightlight the icon in the top left corner and doing a open apple C?

OP
breadfan35
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
have you just tried hilighting whatever icon you want to change then do an open apple I hightlight the icon in the top left corner and doing a open apple C?

I have been trying that but doing it the manual way instead of using shortcuts. It doesn't work.

OP
breadfan35
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*Slaps Forehead and say's D'Oh!* I figured it out. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
what was the issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
yeah, in Info, you need to click the icon before you can copy or paste anything. Otherwise, there's nothing to copy/paste.

T

todd51

There is a handy application called CandyBar that will allow you to change your icons also, try googling for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
then there's pixadex to store them all, and make copying other icons more convenient ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.