Automating Tasks in iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"17 iMac, 2Gig`s RAM.
I listen and are subscribed to a lot of podcasts. One thing I want my podcasts to have before downloading them to my Nano, is the ability to "remember" where they were left off before pausing or shutting down the iPod. Some podcasts have this feature already integrated in their enhanced versions. Some don`t, and I would like to know if and how to use automator to do this for me.

Would scripts work here? If so, is there one written already out there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
Most podcasts are in mp3 format for portability (since very few non-iPod players support AAC), and as such do not support the 'bookmark' feature that the enhanced podcasts support.

You can check Doug's Applescripts for iTunes to see if there's anything that will do something to help, but I think you're somewhat out of luck unless you want to convert all of your podcasts to aac. Perhaps there's a script out there that will automatically do that for you :)

OP
gcopter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"17 iMac, 2Gig`s RAM.
So, if I read you right, in order to accomplish what I want, I would have to convert all my podcasts to AAC and then find the script that will make `em bookmarkable?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.