M-Audio Sound Card

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
Ok so i bought the M-audio 5.1 sound card as i had read that its mac compatable. However it doesn't actually fit into the PCi slot in my mac pro :eek:neye: any ideas why?

OP
joe.morgan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
yeah shortly after i made the psot it clicked and i realised that mac pro is PCI-e

ive got a dolby digital surround sound system and i cant connect it via optical i need some form of sound card. how can i do this? I think its stupid that you cant get soundcards for the mac pro. or thats its very hard too!

OP
joe.morgan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
my sound system came with a dell about 5 years ago. 5.1 dolby digital altec lensing surround sound. Speakers go into sub and then sub goes into sound card with green yellow and black leads

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.