Questions For a New User

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Gotta remember, you are using UNIX here. UNIX apps install most of its files in the same directory. There are no DLL's or OCX's or any of that garbage to clutter your system up. When I first got my iMac it took me a while to get used to this. I re-install my Win2K OS's about every month or so because of this type of clutter. There really is NO NEED to reinstall OSX unless you completely screw it up by doing like "rm -rf /". Which I wouldn't try by the way. That has the potential to wipe your whole drive :).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
yup, applications, pretty much anything can be moved to the trash.

Classic was even easier (I think you could trash the system folder)

edit:
o and like 90% of applications are actually folders housing working files. (control click on a folder and youll see in some apps "show package contents" or something similar, its pretty cool)

OP
L

lil

I'm glad that infuriating idiot was banned. What a merchant banker ;)

Back to the matter in hand, yes the old Mac OS could be installed and uninstalled by dragging and trashing the System Folder, sometimes you needed to bless the System Folder by dragging the Finder/System files out and back into the folder but it was very easy.

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
lol this thread is soooooo old.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.