HELP just got a new MBP it dosnt work!

Reaction score
hey guys
i just received a mac book pro today, i turned it on put the power cable in the correct input place and everything.
i managed to get past the stage of puttin files over from one mac to another, and got to the keyboard status. Once i selected my rite keyboard configuartions, i pressed continue. Then a grey screen came up and told me to restart. i repeated the set up system about 6 times, to no prevail. I was talking to my mate hus a mac genius about my problem, and he told me to re-install Mac osx. I am currently in the process of this. am i doing the right thing?

-Thankz mc

Reaction score
if your getting a grey screen that scrolls down telling you to restart, thats a kernel panic, and most of the time is caused by bad ram. did u install third party ram? that might be the problem. insert the mac os x dvd that came with the MBP and then reboot while holding d and do a hardware test. if a problem comes up ring apple care and quote the error.

OP
Mc Cool
Reaction score
i didnt install any ram, and the re-installing did nuthing. il ring up apple 2moro this is rotten, i was so happy wen i got it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
When you call Apple it maybe wise to ask them if it could be the ram coming loose during shipping (probably not) which you could fix yourself. If it is it might save you a bit of time rather then reurning it.

Good luck

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
That really sucks, call apple is always the best advice for brand new issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Yeah, no sense in trying a manual fix on a brand new machine. If it doesn't work 'out of the box' it might get worse down the line. You should just get it replaced with a non-dodgy one.

OP
Mc Cool
Reaction score
this is weird, i turned it on this morning at it works perfectly :S i wonder wat happened!!! everything is working perfectly

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.