Screen problems with intel duo

Reaction score
hi there,

i brought an IMAC intel duo last June and since i can remember ive had an issue with a flickering screen. It only occurs in certain programs (ical is the worst offender) a cad program i use called 'vectorworks' also causes the flickering.

the flickering shows up as horizontal white lines that appear across the screen the screen almost appears to refresh when it gets really bad.

I set the colour to hundreds instead of millions in the display settings and the problem seens to go, but obviously im not happy to part with £1000 for a display that displays as many colours as windows '95.

if anyone could offer any help, or if they suffer a similar problem please post a reply!

cheers

pancake.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Have you contacted AppleCare? If it's been going on for a long time I'd have been calling up about warranty. That sounds like a graphics hardware issue, and because of how the iMacs go together (kinda like big laptops) it might need the logic board replacing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.