• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anybody Read Wozniak's "iWoz" book?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I just read that Steve Wozniak has published an autobiography called "iWoz". has anyone read it? Any opinions? It *sounds* like a good read...

M

MacHeadCase

I think that book actually came out about 6 months ago. There was some internet media coverage back then on this. From what I read, it looked pretty interesting.

I know there was a bit of a controversy as the two Steves don't see eye-to-eye nowadays and the book is supposedly reporting a play by play of what happened behind the scenes and it doesn't show His Jobs-ness in a flattering aspect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
While I understand that Steve Jobs is a PITA to work for, I have an even lower opinion of Woz. I'd like to read the book at some point as it might improve my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
I'm in the middle of reading it now (only about 40 pages into it). It's laid out like a 3rd grade book (big letters, short paragraphs). The first part seems to be about him growing up and lays a basis for him designing the Apple. One of my co workers read it and he says its a good book. I'm guessing the good stuff is later on in the book.

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
All of the history articles I have read about Apple's early days tend to suggest that his Job'ness was a somewhat ruthless guy at the time... doing things behind Woz's back without telling him... nonetheless, he was also the key "artistic" driving force, even then.

So, it is exactly this lack of eye-to-eye that should make the book interesting! I am going to pick it up today; when I am done, I will post a review.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.