What can replace Excel ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.33GHz, 100GB@7200rpm
Hi,

I don't want to use Excel, or Open/Neo office. Is there anything else or is Excel the only good one out there?

I can live without Outlook, or I'll least I'll try to, but I need an Excel type of program...

Thanks,
Stephan

M

MacHeadCase

rogerinlondon posted this thread on a serious rumour circulating as of now. As you probably know, an Apple Event has been announced for February 20th and since no updates to iWork and iLife have been announced during the last Macworld keynote, it makes plenty of sense to me that this is what will happen that day.

OP
Stephan936
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.33GHz, 100GB@7200rpm
Thanks,

-didn't know there was an event in feb. !

-There's nothing that I don't like in Open/Neo Office, I never tried or even seen it actually :) I'm just looking for something made by Apple as opposed to so MS or MS/open source "clone".

Thruth is I'd like to avoid have anything MS on my macbook... Unfortunatly, I'll have to install Window to play a few games (when and if I can find the time for that). Don't get me wrong, I don't think MS is crap (actually XP & Office are products I really like and have had little issues with), I just want different!

Stephan

Reaction score
Appleworks is made by Apple but is no longer being developed as MacHeadCase said it would make sense for them to release a speadsheet program as this would better replace Appleworks and windows users seem to love speadsheet programs. Never used one myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
If you are interested in just a little effort to resolve this, you could use the truly EXCELLENT gnumeric spreadsheet. This is an open source, free, 99% clone of Excel. I use it all the time.

I say "a little effort" because you need to install Apple X11 to run it. It is an X11 program. Then you need to install DarwinPorts and use it to install gnumeric. This sounds harder than it is.

I can strongly recommend gnumeric. An excellent product.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.