Internet Connection Sharing questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 800MHz 640MB RAM cd/dvd writer, airport card. My first Mac ever and learning....
iBook configured to connect to the internet using my mobile phone as a modem. The iBook is connected my Samsung t629 through a bluetooth connection.

This connection is set up to be shared by a Windows XP home PC through the ethernet port.

The windows box is successfully assigned an ip address from the iBook using dhcp, It gets a 192.168.x.x address, and uses 192.168.0.2 as the default gateway and dns address, however, dns addresses are not resolving with the automatic DHCP configuration. The connection works fine if I manually enter a working DNS server address on the windows box.

How can I get this network setup to work without having to manually enter a DNS server address?

On the iBook, how do I find the DNS address/settings that have been assigned to it? Is there a mac equivalent to the ipconfig /all command at the command prompt in windoze? The internet connect window when bluetooth is enabled shows me the ip address of the far end connection and the ip address the ibook has been assigned, but not default gateway or dns server assignents...

Thanks much, this is my first mac ever and I'm having a lot of fun learning from scratch on this (awesome) new system...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.