gmail notifier

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
How many gmail users subscribe to the notifier for mac? I just signed up for a gmail account and wondered if it's a good thing to have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33ghz intel core duo 2gb ram
ive been using it for about 2 months now and ive had no problems
:yinyang:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I used it for about one day. It notifies you every time a message comes in. I get so much email (most of it from this forum ;) ), it was extremely annoying so I just uninstalled it.

Reaction score
After just coming from the Windows OS I ran the Gmail notifier all the time as a Firefox add on or on the task bar.

That said coming over to Mac OS i decided to see how Gmail and Mail worked together. I must say I really liked the results so much so that I have my gmail account set up to auto archive when Mail gets the messages. Now I have an archive that is search able and off sight.

Also I have now turned off my notifiers since Mail does that for me.

However if that's not your cup of tea then the Notifiers do a good job too.

Cheers Brad

OP
Carol247
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Maybe I'll try that too. I like Mail but didn't know how well it worked with gmail. Thanks for the info.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
leopard macbook pro 17" | ipod touch
I've been using it for months, and it runs smoothly after it's recent update. I really like it. It momentarily pops up a short summary of the message, and i set a discrete alert sound for it, so it's not so annoying.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.