Yet again....another eyetv hybrid problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
This is my second hybrid, the first one has a faulty breakout adaptor.

I go to use the eyetv and there is no sound on any station. I get sound in itunes and everything else, just no sound with TV. I have it setup to use the external speakers and the volume is all the way up.

Any ideas?

If I get another one I might go up to the eyetv 250, but i'm scared to get another elgato product. I need something that I can inport analog video into and I would prefer that it has a tv tuner in it. I do like the eyetv software though.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Thats a weird one, my hybrid works perfect, so simple just plug n go.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Check the Audio menu
Make sure the Mute hasn't been checked by accident
Also check the Audio output and make sure it's not set to Internal speakers
sometimes it's just a matter of trying all the options

Which connection are you using - the coax input, or the breakout cable or both. And I assume you do have the red and white audio cables from your device plugged into the EyeTV if you are using the breakout cable - if you are using the breakout cable there should be a minimum of three cables attached from your device in most cases.
If you are only trying one connection, also suggest trying the other.

Let me know what settings are selected in Audio if it still does not work.
Also, what device you are connecting and what cables you have attached, can assist better sometimes with that info.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
Well now for one reason its working fine. Thanks for the help though. I didn't change any settings and it working now I don't know why.

Also once in a while I get the message "The devise could not be initialized" and i just disconect then reconnect it and it works. Do you have this problem also?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Also once in a while I get the message "The devise could not be initialized" and i just disconect then reconnect it and it works. Do you have this problem also?

Yes - but have not played with it enough yet to know why - still am primarily using my PC for this capability.

Think I've connected the EyeTV about 5 to 1, to help others vs. using it myself.

Reaction score
Well, after much back and forth with Elgato, it seems they are convinced that a small number of Hybrid units might have a fault (I apparently have two of them and mr g5 and bobtomay account for two more). So, they are going to send me *another* replacement unit. This time though, they will pre-test it. We shall see.
_

Reaction score
eyetv hybrid sound problem
I bought a eyetv receiver from America to use it in Europe.
No problem with the tune procedure with good quality of the tuned channels but the sound more -less for all the channels is bad with noise
I spoke to the technical support of the elgato systems but with no solution to my problem.
Any help
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.