Is it bad to take a macbook in your car?

Reaction score
I have a sports car so the suspension is a bit harsh. I take my macbook everywhere. It has a nice ostrich case. My concern is the bumpy roads in miami. I feel like all the bumps are killing my mac. Am I just overreacting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I carried my iBook with me, everywhere I went when I had it. It went through alot of abuse, and still works fine(sold it to my sister).

You have to remember, laptops are designed to take more abuse than towers, to an extent, and the i/macBook series even moreso.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
just use a decent bag. i take mine with me to work occasionally in mn. and one of the roads i travel on is in severe disrepair (through a nature reserve and the only accessway to a coal fired power plant).

just don't leave it powered up and open (so its not sleeping).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Dou
I would think leaving it in the car with lots of heat wouldn't be good for it...

Don't Mac and drive, it saves lives.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I wouldn't leave it in the car when its going to be hot, but for a ride it would be fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.