D-Link router connection timout w/ macs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83GHz white, 512mb
I have a d-link WBR-2310 router. I have a brand new motorola cable modem. The problem is that my connection seems to time out every 10-15 min. The signal strength never goes away or fluctuates, the connectivity just disappears. It either returns by itself within a minute or two, or it returns almost immediately if you turn airport off and back on again. This happens EVERY 10-15 minutes w/ my macbook and both of my roommates' G4 iBooks. i just had the internet company confirm that all of their equipment and service is working properly. i've been on the phone w/ dlink multiple times to solve this, and they've had me change a ton of settings within the router, but nothing seems to be working.
The last tech i talked to at dlink said that they've done all the troubleshooting they can with me and for me to contact apple about possibly changing a hardware setting in my networks prefs. She also said that this problem has been semi-common with this router and macs. I am asking here because i don't have applecare, so i can't call. and the nearest mac store is 40 min away. this is the only network this has ever happened on. and like i said, it happens to all of the computers (all are apple) in the house.
The connection is great when it's on, it's just lame when you're chatting or downloading a large file, and then the connection randomly drops on that regular of a basis.
Oh, and it mainly seems to happen when there is more than one computer surfing.
what to do??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.