Probably a stupid question regarding PS

Reaction score
I recently purchased an Intel iMac and I've heard rumors that adobe will transfer licenses from Windows to OSX. I didn't install Windows because it makes me nervous given I've heard machines running Windows as well as OSX are more susceptible to viruses than machines just running OSX. I suppose I could dual boot windows and OSX but I'd really rather not. Does anyone know if the rumors are just rumors or is there a chance this could happen for me? If not I suppose I'll just install Windows as well... As I don't really want to shell out another $1000 for CS2, especially with CS3 just around the corner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I recently purchased an Intel iMac and I've heard rumors that adobe will transfer licenses from Windows to OSX. I didn't install Windows because it makes me nervous given I've heard machines running Windows as well as OSX are more susceptible to viruses than machines just running OSX. I suppose I could dual boot windows and OSX but I'd really rather not. Does anyone know if the rumors are just rumors or is there a chance this could happen for me? If not I suppose I'll just install Windows as well... As I don't really want to shell out another $1000 for CS2, especially with CS3 just around the corner.
Okay, to shed some light on the situation.....

One: Yes, you can get a license transferred from Mac to Windows. I know others have done it, but I personally don't know the procedure. Give Adobe a call and ask them.

Two: Putting Windows on a Mac doesn't make you anymore susceptible to viruses. Whether or not you have both operating systems installed makes absolutely no difference.
The viruses you could potentially get will not in any way, shape, or form damage your OS X installation. Windows period, no matter how or where it is installed is susceptible to viruses. Windows is still Windows and Mac OS is still Mac OS.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thank you, again I apologize if I put my questions in the wrong forum or if I worded anything incorrectly. I'll just call adobe later tonight and perhaps run the trial version in the meantime.
As for the OS question I didn't mean to phrase it like that. I realize they're seperate OS's and I guess I meant that I didn't want to get any notorious windows bugs on my new system. Reading it over I can see where you got that impression and it was entirely my fault.
Thanks again.
Another quick question, has anywhere here tried downloading the beta for CS3 for OSX using a Windows Serial Number? I'm wondering if that would work. Maybe I should be asking this in the application or digital imaging forum... I don't know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
People still purchase liscences for Adobe products?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
People still purchase liscences for Adobe products?
Yes, lots of people do. I paid for all of my Adobe apps and I have quite a few of them. It is the way it should be done, you need the software, you buy it. It is that simple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.