Agrandir une fenetre

Reaction score
Je viens de faire le changement pc --> macbook.
Dans un pc on peut agrandir une fentre et celle-ci prend la taille de l'ecran au complet.
Mais dans le Mac je n''arrive pas a faire la meme chose. Est-ce normal ?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Excuse the rough translation, but Google says that your question in English is this:

"I have just made change PC --> macbook. In a PC one can increase a fentre and this one takes the size of the complete screen. But in Mac I N '' do not arrive has to make the same thing. Is this normal?"

I think what you're trying to say is that when you click the maximize button, it does not take up the entire screen. This is normal. When you click the maximize button in MacOS, it takes up as much space on the screen as is necessary to display all of the information available. If you want it to take up the entire screen, you need to manually expand the window.

My response translated to French:

"Je pense que ce que vous essayez de dire est que quand vous cliquez le bouton de maximum, il ne prend pas l'écran entier. C'est normal. Quand vous cliquez le bouton de maximum dans MacOS, il prend autant l'espace sur l'écran qu'est nécessaire pour montrer toute les information disponible. Si vous voulez qu'il prenne l'écran entier, vous devez augmenter manuellement la fenêtre."

God, bless Google - and pardon me if the translation isn't understandable as I don't speak French.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Wow, that is neat. How did you get Google to do that translation for you? I would love to figure that out for future use.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks cwa107!
And the translation it's perfect! Nice thinking on using google !!

M

MacHeadCase

Chapin, je désire préciser que le bouton pour maximiser une fenêtre dans Mac OS X est le bouton vert. Tel que spécifé par mes colègues, la fenêtre en mode maximisé prend autant d'espace qu'elle le peut dépendant l'espace qu'occupe le dock.

Le bouton jaune envoie la fençetre dans le dock et le bouton rouge ferme la fenêtre qui est en avant (mais cela ne quitte pas l'application).

Et puis, bienvenue à Mac-Forums!
icon6.gif

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Chapin, je désire préciser que le bouton pour maximiser une fenêtre dans Mac OS X est le bouton vert. Tel que spécifé par mes colègues, la fenêtre en mode maximisé prend autant d'espace qu'elle le peut dépendant l'espace qu'occupe le dock.

Le bouton jaune envoie la fençetre dans le dock et le bouton rouge ferme la fenêtre qui est en avant (mais cela ne quitte pas l'application).

Et puis, bienvenue à Mac-Forums!
icon6.gif

OK, this was just TOO tempting to play with - but the translation is absolutely remarkable considering that it's done instantaneously and by a machine:

"Chapin, I wish to specify that the button to maximize a window in Mac OS X is the green button. As spécifé by my colègues, the window in maximized mode takes as much space than it can it depending space than occupies the dock. The yellow button sends the fençetre in the dock and the red button closes the window which is ahead (but that does not leave the application). And then, welcome with Mac-Forums! "

Sorry, didn't mean to take this off-topic, but I'm just amazed...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why use Google when you could just use the translator pre-installed on the Dashboard?

You're right - didn't even notice that widget. It's a little on the slow side compared to Google, but it's fairly accurate as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
you can also use bable fish. it works pretty good too

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.