macbook second monitor

Reaction score
I have a question about my macbook and a samsung 19 ich monitor that has a resolution of 1440 by 900.
I connected the screen to my macbook but it wont let set a resolution of 1440 by 900 but 1440 by 1100 or something works but it just looks horible.
So my question is, if theres a hack or a fix that will let me set the resolution of the second monitor at 1440/900. I saw that there was a hack for the ibook and searched the forums but couldnt find something about the macbook expect some photos of somebody who made it work.
So could somebody please halp me, thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro
I use an external monitor on my macbook at 1680x1050 and it works fine. I was going to ask you to update your drivers but your on a mac.. sorry no idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Not sure what the fix would be, as I've never used a mac with a second display. I do know that the iBook Hack you are talking about, is nothing like what you are looking for. The iBook hack is so people could have a second display on their iBook, instead of having the output be a mirror of the iBook's screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.