Type Agent

Reaction score
hi i recently found that an application called type agent was installed on my home laptop (i have a mac OS X 10.4.8 G4 powerPC). I was asking for help to remove it, does anyone know how and if so could you give me a walkthrough?

Reaction score
Two ways:

1. Open the app from the applications folder. In the menu that pops up, there will be a button saying "Uninstall Type Agent".

2. If it isn't in the applications folder, go to your harddisk> library > Startupitems and delete the folder saying "TypeAgent".

If it was not installed by you by who then? Do you have administrator rights on this laptop?

OP
M
Reaction score
a stupid ex!!!!!
when i click on type agent it says trial has expired...there is no uninstall!!!!
and went to start up items and theres nothing in it!...i am dumb when it comes to computers!!!!
more help would be appreciated!

Reaction score
HI!

I downloaded the trial version of Typeagent and then got rid of it with AppDelete...now there is a pesky reminder popup window that refuses to go away. I took the advice above and tried to eliminate the folder in the StartupItems and delete it from Trash...but it refuses to delete and says its is "still in use".....grrrr! anyone got any suggestions? will it stop and die once the specific trial period is up? 5 days? its making me crazy that it wont go away...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
sounds like it is running something in the background

Open up Activity Monitor in Apps > Utilities

There you can see all the running processes and you should be able to kill any process that looks like TA

Kill the process then try to empty the trash

hope that helps

Reaction score
Uninstall type agent (uninstalling typeagent)

I just figured how to do it....like this

1) i went to activity monitor and noticed a process called library TaeDaemonhelper...if you click on "Inspect" and show path??? it clearly identifies it as type agent...problem is IT WILL RESIST ALL ATTEMPTS TO QUIT PROCESS

2) so, goto "macHD" "library" "start up items" and you will see typeagent there.....drag it to trash

3)then empty trash

4) restart machine and open activity monitor and you will see TaDeaemonHelper has vanished

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
otillatroya
The Terminator 4 Salvation 2009

Terminator franchise is what got me interested in the movies in the first place. The first was a suspenseful cyberpunk thriller, and the second became my favorite movie of all time. The third fell short of intelligence but still solid nonetheless, and the TV series was a good addition to the franchise. Nearing the end of May, the fourth and latest film addition of the beloved sci-fi franchise will open, and viewers are in for a sheer summer spectacle.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.