Installing USB devices

Reaction score
I'm new to this, so hopefully this isn't a stupid question. I was able to plug my mouse into my Macbook Pro and it worked right off the bat. I have a USB headset, and it doesn't seem to recognize it's there. How do you install peripherals like these when it doesn't auto detect?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.0Ghz(CD)/512/80/128MB VRAM/15"
I'm new to this, so hopefully this isn't a stupid question. I was able to plug my mouse into my Macbook Pro and it worked right off the bat. I have a USB headset, and it doesn't seem to recognize it's there. How do you install peripherals like these when it doesn't auto detect?

UNIX(aka OS X) is useually very good for driver-free installs.... Your USB headset on the other hand is technically a USB sound card, that being said its a more complex device than a USB HID(human interface device). So you will need to get drivers for your headset.

Check the manufacturers web site for drivers.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
-Pat

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.