Essential Software

Reaction score
This might sound kinda crazy, but most of the essential software (like dashboard, garageband, automator etc) has gone missing. I just bought this from someone, so they might have uninstalled them.

Does anyone know where I could find more?

Thanks in advance.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
they're on the install disks. hope your friend sold you those too.

welcome to the forums!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
Looks like you might have to buy the System software DVD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
What system did you buy, and what version of OS X is installed? That will determine what stuff you should be able to see.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks very much!

So, are those applications (dashboard, garageband, automator) Tiger only software?

Reaction score
No, there would have been an iLife release with Panther, but some programs may not have been included.

For instance, iLife'03 only had iTunes, iMovie, iDVD & iPhoto, then in iLife'04 I think they introduced GarageBand. So iLife essentially gets better each year. In iLife'07 Apple introduced PodCasting creation into GarageBand along with some other cool stuff.

These iLife CD/DVD's are fairly cheap to buy on the internet.

Dashboard wasn't yet released in Panther. The Amnesty Widget Browser allows Panther users to run 3rd Party Widgets. Automator is a Tiger app.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.