Boot Camp Problem

Reaction score
Ok so I try and put XP on my Macbook Pro the other day, download boot camp and go through the steps and everything goes fine it. Well I get to the screen where it says insert a Windows XP CD and the hit start installation well I insert the CD the Mac recognizes the CD and I hit start. My laptop then restarts and goes to this grey screen and just sits there and does nothing?? What is up with that did any of you guys have this problem when you tired to install XP. I mean im sure my Macbook Pro can handle the install its a brand new laptop bought like 3 months ago (2 Ghz Intel Core Duo) Could my problem be the XP CD it is only a 120 day trial version (says it also has an upgrade option) not an OEM fresh copy for PC's with no OS.

OP
J
Reaction score
Well for all of you 38 people who looked at this topic and decided not to respond I found the answer on my own so thank you all very much.......for nothing!! If anyone else ever has the problem you can't use an evaluation copy of XP it must be an OEM copy for a PC that has no OS installed, and another thing you can't use a USB CD-ROM drive to install XP on your Mac.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Could it possibly be that maybe no one knew the answer to your question or they didn't want to lead you in the wrong direction? I mean, dude, it's not like this is a full-time job for anyone here. We're reading/responding to these posts as a form of recreation. We're not always going to know the answer, no matter how much expertise we have. This is users helping users, not the Apple help desk.

I don't think a little under 18 hours - much of it the dead of night for some parts of NA - is an unreasonable wait for the answer to a question like this about a beta/new product within a community forum.

Reaction score
Well for all of you 38 people who looked at this topic and decided not to respond I found the answer on my own so thank you all very much.......for nothing!!
Maybe you could actually read the instructions first next time.

OP
J
Reaction score
I read the instructions many many times idiot. Also searched all across the internet and many different forums associated with Mac OSX and boot camp and didn't find anything. Under 18 hrs what are you smoking this topic has been on here for about 4 days now with no replies. As for no one knowing the answer to this I doubt that seriously I mean I wasent asking anything super hard here.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I read the instructions many many times idiot. Also searched all across the internet and many different forums associated with Mac OSX and boot camp and didn't find anything. Under 18 hrs what are you smoking this topic has been on here for about 4 days now with no replies. As for no one knowing the answer to this I doubt that seriously I mean I wasent asking anything super hard here.

My apologies for misreading the date. You're right - everyone is singling you out and ignoring your posts.

Now we know why...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.