freezes then wont power back up correctly

Reaction score
My powerbook G4 is really acting up. At first, every now and then when I would wake it up from sleeping, nothing would happen. the keys or trackpad wouldn't do anything. I had to hold down the power button to shut it down. Then when I would turn it back on, i could hear the hard drive turn on but that was it. No image, no sound. So i'd turn it off and on again. same thing happened. This would repeat a few times then i'd get fed up and leave it alone. After a while it would decide to boot up correctly.

It would do that sporadically. Since then it has gotten worse.

Now in the middle of use it will freeze. I would then turn it off, on, off, on: nothing. I can hear the hard drive but nothing else happens. Today, one of the times i tried turning it back on, i got an image but it was a system failure message. This happened twice.

Any ideas as to what's wrong w/my lappy? It's driving me nuts b/c I like using it to take notes during class.

OP
J
Reaction score
I reset the PMU and PRAM but that didn't help. I then called a few places and they're thinking it's a logic board issue :( Now what? Is it even worth getting a new logic board?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.