Bootable copy of OS 9

Reaction score
Foolishly I lent my OS 9.1 install discs to a "friend" who has now returned to the UK, with my discs.
My iBook G3 Clamshell (Blueberry) is working fine, but I am worried that if it does go wrong I cannot restart from a CD.
Is there any way I can make a bootable CD with a copy of the system files, in other words replace my install discs? I have a CD burner and Toast Lite.
If this is possible, is it legal?

Pete14

Reaction score
As I recall I think Toast the full vers. will make a bootable CD from your system folder,of the whole hard drive.But theres no installer for the OS. You have to drag and drop. or copy the files ,etc you need to fix a problem.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, pete14.

I'm sure your friend can ship those CDs back to you. They don't carry only the OS installation, there are diagnostic tools and other stuff as well. Disks that came with your Mac should always be safely stored, they are essential.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.