Cash Register Software for Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Long story short, I'm trying to get the store I work at to change its systems from Windows-based to Mac-based. It's a pretty unrealistic goal and I highly doubt it'll ever happen, but I was wondering what kinds of Cash Register Software was available for Mac?

M

MacHeadCase

I know StretchR helped set up a vet's office (where he works) to Macs so maybe he knows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
the mac store uses mac's as their POS... ask them! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.0Ghz(CD)/512/80/128MB VRAM/15"
While you have good intentions its horribly unfeasible.

The POS system at my store is a P2-300 that we've been using for 4 years. Right now its worth about 10$.... try finding a 10$ mac.

Ideally what you want is a Linux/Windows centralized server that will house your Dbase and have your client POS systems read the Dbase from the server.

My setup at work is as follows....

1 POS
1 "service" computer (checking computers in/out of the service ctr)
1 Server

The server is an IBM netfinity dual P3-1000 with 5x36GB SCSI drives in raid5. all of the clients are garbage p2/p3 boxes. if you really really really wanna go mac you could buy a mac pro and use that as a server using SMB shares to your windows POS terminals.

Nomatter which way you slice it, its going to be cheaper to use P3 based PC clients and MABY, MABY a mac server, but you can pick up a cheap P3 based Raid 5 server is a alot cheaper than a mac pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
We use a specially designed package for Filemaker Pro for all records and invoices at the vet's office. So that won't be any help for you, sorry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.