Help setting up EyeTV

Reaction score
hey all,

i recently bought myself an imac and treated myself to eyetv hybrid i was wondering if anyone has a diagram or can talk me through how to connect my xbox to my hybrid usb port, as i am lost.

thanks in advance.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You need this cable for your 360 - should be able to get it anywhere the 360 is sold for $30.

Use the cable that came with your Eye TV and plug it in.

Do NOT connect the yellow (composite) cable (unless you want the worst picture possible with your 360).

Connect the s-video cable.
You also have a 2-1 adapter that came with the EyeTV, one side plugs into the mini-plug, the other side you will plug in the red and white cables from the 360.

To change to the s-video connection - In EyeTV on the Menu bar click on Controls - select s-video at the bottom of the menu.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
can someone probally explain to me how i connect my xbox to my mac?

thanks

Well, it depends on what you want to do with it. There are no media center extensions for Mac/Xbox, so I assume you want to share your Mac's Internet connection. If that's true, I recommend you buy a router and connect your Xbox to it so that it has its own Internet connection.

OP
P
Reaction score
ok thanks, i have done all this, now how do i get the picture on my screen just being shown my usual channels.
any ideas?

Reaction score
In the EyeTV Software, go to Controls > S-Video Input . All other available inputs are also listed here.

Reaction score
Eye TV won't change channels

Hi, I am a newbe here and to Mac. I have a Macbook and I am trying to set Eye TV on it. I recieve TV via Dish Network. I have, after some fiddling around, got the channels downloaded. The problem is now the thing won't change channels. I have to do it via my Dish Network remote. This is ok except I can't set it up to record anything. I can't figure this thing out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.