Redeeming iTunes gift cards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB
Alright so I got a $15 iTunes gift card for Christmas in my stocking, and I got hasty and redeemed it on my parents iMac. However I've moved out since then and don't have regular access to that computer so I was wondering if there's anyway to "re-redeem" that card on my PowerBook? There's a CD being released soon that I really want to buy and I could really use that gift card right about now... :p

Thanks fellus.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
If you haven't spent the 15$, then you should just be able to DeActivate your parents computer (Select "Store > Deactivate Computer"), then Activate your computer and you'll have the 15$ in your account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
It is not redeemed for a specific computer, its redeemed to a specific account, so you need to log in using the account that you originally redeemed it with

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I'll bump this one instead of creating a new topic,

Can someone buy me a gift card in the US, and then I can use that card in India? I need just a few tracks from iTunes store, and I can't use my credit card to get an iTunes account. I'm wondering if a gift card would work...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
Alright so I got a $15 iTunes gift card for Christmas in my stocking, and I got hasty and redeemed it on my parents iMac. However I've moved out since then and don't have regular access to that computer so I was wondering if there's anyway to "re-redeem" that card on my PowerBook? There's a CD being released soon that I really want to buy and I could really use that gift card right about now... :p

Thanks fellus.

should be tied to your itunes account. If all else fails, its only 15$ :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As in, I have to have an iTunes account to redeem the card?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
yes you need an itunes account to use the card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay, please bear with me but I have another query.

I currently am using my friend's iTunes account which is linked to his cousin's credit card. Rule no.1: There shall be no charges to the credit card, no matter what. So I'm kind of stuck using it for album artwork and free tracks.

What if I get one of these iTunes cards somehow, redeem it into this account, and use only the amount that the gift card holds. Is this a safe method considering I'll get kaboom'ed if there is any charge on the credit card?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You could, but the music technically would belong to your friend. If he ever deauthorizes you, you'll lose access to your music.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You don't have to have a credit card to create an account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.