Utilities Folder... *poof*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP
I was installing MyTvX, in a desperate attempt to get a USB TV device to work. Upon installation, the utlities folder was entirely replaced instead of appended to... It's just gone... poof... I've lost terminal, activity monitor... all of it...

Is there any other way of getting these utilties back without re-installing panther?

Thanks...

-MAtt

C

Chamorro

mpeters13 said:
I was installing MyTvX, in a desperate attempt to get a USB TV device to work. Upon installation, the utlities folder was entirely replaced instead of appended to... It's just gone... poof... I've lost terminal, activity monitor... all of it...

Is there any other way of getting these utilties back without re-installing panther?

Thanks...

-MAtt

Follow this link, look under "Panther Edition" and "Appendix A". Download Pacifist. It'll let you install specific folders/packages from your OS X disc.

OP
mpeters13
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP
Chamorro said:
Follow this link, look under "Panther Edition" and "Appendix A". Download Pacifist. It'll let you install specific folders/packages from your OS X disc.

Thanks for your help. I still feel really stupid for making such a stupid mistake. I won't let it happen again :).

C

Chamorro

mpeters13 said:
Thanks for your help. I still feel really stupid for making such a stupid mistake. I won't let it happen again :).

Happens to the best of us :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.