• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

For the Men: Electric or Non-electric

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
I was doing a quick trim this morning and decided to use my electric i had laying around that I hadn't used in a while. Youch!! Never again! I was reminded my I switched to a non-electric razor, so now I ask all you men, which do you prefer and why?

edit: I use a 4 bladed titanium dealy that my girlfriend gave me(too many blade for her legs i guess??) lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Mach 3 non-electric for me.

Electric razors are too expensive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
Non-electric. I got an electric razor when I was 15 or 16 and I thought it was great. Then I shaved with a real razor and I was amazed what a difference it was. I can't go back, no matter how much quicker it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
I use a Braun electric. Non-electrics seemed to iritate my neck. Also contrary to dohidied I seem to get a better shave with an electric then non-electric.

Reaction score
Wet shave with Gillette Excel blades, Trumper's shaving cream with a badger-hair brush and a large shaving mug, followed by Astral cream (try it – once you have you'll use it forever).

The brush lifts the hairs, exfoliates the skin. Go over the skin twice, with the "grain", and apply as little pressure as you can.

It's in the everyday things that the quality should lie.

OP
skye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wet shave with Gillette Excel blades, Trumper's shaving cream with a badger-hair brush and a large shaving mug, followed by Astral cream (try it – once you have you'll use it forever).

The brush lifts the hairs, exfoliates the skin. Go over the skin twice, with the "grain", and apply as little pressure as you can.

It's in the everyday things that the quality should lie.

seems quite the process, i just apply some shaving cream and shave?

Reaction score
I've never used anything but electric razors since I was in junior-high. To be honest, I wouldn't even know how to shave with a regular razor, probably end up slicing myself into a real mess. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Non electric. Parents bought me an electric one, and I couldn't stand it.

OP
skye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Non electric. Parents bought me an electric one, and I couldn't stand it.

same, i used electric and then just one time i tried using a normal blade and the shave was much better and it took like half the time!!

Reaction score
seems quite the process, i just apply some shaving cream and shave?

D'you know, I kind of feel it doesn't take as long as it should.

Before I went freelance I developed the habit of shaving in the evening because I never had time in the morning. I still do shave in the evening, and only do it every other day, so I guess I might have more time than many.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2GB ram, 500GB hd, 256MB Radeon x1600
I've been using a non-electric razor the past 15 years. Gillette Mach3 last few years. But I've been gradually growing tired of all the applying foams, washing your face and what not and realized why not just buy an electric shaver. And so I did, last Thursday. Got myself this:

Philips HQ 7290 Williams F1-series

Now it's so easy just to quickly "clean-up" the face instead of the huge process with foams and stuff. Naturally the result isn't as smooth as with blades but it doesn't matter. It's short enough and my cheeks doesn't need to be like baby's butt all the time. And I can clean it under running water :mac:

T

todd51

Both, for the days where I wake up late, I'll do a fast "once-over" with the electric. Other days where I have plenty of time to do the morning routine, I use non-electric.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Non-electric here.. They tear my face apart and I get mad in-growns.. I just recently switched from the Gilette Mach3 (had it sicne it very first came out, same razor too) to a Gilette Fusion non-powered. Blades are a bit more expensive, but it gives you a d@mn good shave, at least on my face it does, and I'm the kinda guy who shaves in the morning, and is stubble by the end of the day.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Reaction score
Gillette Fusion. It's the best razor ever. I've never tried those powered manual razors... I don't really need one, though.

Reaction score
Electric. I don't know why, but Non-electric is not for my skin :/

Reaction score
Electric (Norelco) at the current time - but I have a record of switching back and forth.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Used a Norelco for years till it died but now a Gillette Fusion. I was using a Remmington electric which I still use for the sideburns but the Gillette Fusion shaves me better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Personally I find that an electric razor takes longer to have a shave and doesn't feel as smooth as a wet shave anyway.

And the elec razor makes my face itch!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.