Typical!!

T

Tarrant

Today being the 8th, the supposed glorious day when I will recieve my ibook, on or before. As it didn't come before I naturally assumed "on", right? No... no wait, I ring up apple as I have a strange feeling that it probably won't arrive today either.

Sure enough, a nicely spoken chappy informs me that their stock has been held up in Taiwan and er... they don't know when they will be able to deliver it to me, and... that's kind of all he can tell me.

Nice one apple, thanks for making me feel good about spending those extra pennies with you huh.

OP
L

lnetubaplyr

that really sucks man, as for me it was to my door a day ealier than planned. although, apple is pretty quick about their shipping 8 days is nothing. i ordered my Alienware, it took them 2 and a half months, talk about slow. hope it works out soon for you.

OP
T

TylerMoney

Your easily angered. Shipping hold ups aren't a companies fault most of the time. Be patient.

OP
S

s3pt1k

I had the SAME exact problem with my iBook. However, after assuring me that the order would be cancelled (and my card not charged), Apple still debited my account for full charge AFTER I had driven 2 hours to pick it up at the local Apple store.

To add insult to injury, my first iBook was a lemmon, complete with dead pixels, random crashes, and a wonderful multi-coloured screen after the crash; not even the multi-language screen.

Needless to say, my first Mac purchase was a bit of a problem. However, I promise, it's worth the wait.
:)

OP
T

Tarrant

Your easily angered. Shipping hold ups aren't a companies fault most of the time. Be patient.

Well yes, yes I am. And simply for the reason that I was brought up with good manners and a simple understanding of courtesy. Now if I was apple and had just made a sale, remembering the possibility that this new customer could even be a windows user making the big jump to apple and thus putting all his/her faith in them, though that is irrelevant to my point, I would give the customer the simple courtesy of ringing or emailing them and LETTING THEM KNOW their order was delayed and not just leaving to hope and dispair everyday there on. Simply really.

OP
D

dziner

Kinda reminds me of people who get mad at the waiter/waitress because their steak wasn't done right. It's not the waiter/waitress's fault because that person didn't cook the meal but simply delivered it from the cook to your table.

Things like this are bound to happen. Take a deep breath and relax. People make mistakes.

OP
T

Tarrant

That is not what I am saying, read my post. I am saying I am annoyed because it is not beyond reason that if you say you're going to do something and don't or can't, you still take a few moments to explain to that customer what is going on!

Simple manners and good customer treatment.

They said it would arrive on or before the 8th, it didn't. FINE, but it is now the 9th and no one has emailed or rung me to explain why it has not. Simply, I think that they should consider it their responsibility to inform their customers when something goes wrong and give them some reasurance as to when it will be sorted, so the customer can then know what is happening with that £1,888 they spent!

OP
T

TylerMoney

I see where you're coming from. And maybe apple could call and let you know. However....if a whole shipment is held up, that would be a lot of calls...so they let those who are worried about it call them...this lessens the amount of calls they have to make. Makes sense to me, for a company handling that many things.

OP
M

msSwitch

I can sympathize with you. I had a similiar issue with Apple while awaiting the arrival of my PB. I never received an email or a communication about my delayed shipment. Actually, my order was sitting in Pending status for two days until I called Apple and questioned them on it. They never sent me an email with a link to track my purchase either. I had to find it on my own by scouring this forum and coming across someone's post with their link to their order status. After shortening their link I found the page to track my order status. When I finally reached a live person at Apple they checked my order and told me what I already knew, it was in pending status. Apparently they held up my shipment while they confirmed my ship to, which was different than my bill to. I had already advised my credit card company of the ship to address as my Apple order taker had suggested. However, this didn't help my situation because Apple never bothered to check. Still, as unhappy as I was about the delay I did receive my PB in 8 days. Ordered 9am PST, on a Friday, received it at Noon the following Friday, even though my "on or before" date changed several times. Looking back, I realize that my some of my frustration was a result of the anxiety and anticipation that I had built up waiting for my PB. I became obsessed with tracking it several times an hour. This can't be healthy. But, it's what we Apple junkies have grown accustomed to. I think I'm addicted to their packaging... There's nothing like unwrapping a carefully packaged Apple product.

Reaction score
mmm, it is good to know
so my apple purchase will be in the store, not on line, so I will be sure when I'm getting the computer

Haven't received your computer today?

OP
S

StarManta

dziner said:
Kinda reminds me of people who get mad at the waiter/waitress because their steak wasn't done right. It's not the waiter/waitress's fault because that person didn't cook the meal but simply delivered it from the cook to your table.

Things like this are bound to happen. Take a deep breath and relax. People make mistakes.

Actually, it's more akin to getting mad at the cook that the food never made it from the grill line to the table.

OP
T

The Giver

I don't think it is Apple fault, its the shipping companies fault for delaying it, Apple just makes the computers! You shouldn't be whining about it, you are getting a new APPLE!

Reaction score
Actually I think it is apple's fault
As a company you must cover your delivery strategy, blaming the companies that they hire for the job is not an excuse, the customer doesn't want to know where the raw material comes from, who and where build it, who distributes it, who sells it
All he/she wants to know is that he/she is buying an apple product to apple and apple should respond

OP
S

StarManta

Should Apple respond? Yes, by contacting the shipper, maybe sending out another one, etc etc. should they be blamed? no.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.