Sharing Mac & XP using Netgear???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook with 4GB RAM and 80GB memory + 500GB external hard drive. iPod Classic Silver
Hi all

Hey. I'm a longtime XP user and (due to peer-preasure) I've been converted to buying a Mac. But before I buy one (prefrebly a MacBook), I want to check some things about my wireless connection...

Our family have a home XP that is linked up to a Netgear wireless router. I want to know weather I will be able to connect my Mac & PC to Netgear, and weather I will be able to connect the two together (to share files, music...etc...)

Support would realy be apreciated!

Thanks alot!!!

Zacariem :cool:

Reaction score
Yup, it will work fine. In fact, I have a Mac and 3 PC's on my home network (using Linksys) and the best, most reliable connection to the network and to transfer files between the computers is from the Mac....by a long shot.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook with 4GB RAM and 80GB memory + 500GB external hard drive. iPod Classic Silver
Hey thanks thats realy usefull! I think I'm ready for the 'Mac experience' lol!

Zacariem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Before you buy one, what do you need/use your computer for?
Peer pressure is the worst reason to buy a different kind of computer. Just because friends like theirs, doesn't mean you will. Don't go by what they say, go by what you see and feel when you use a Mac. Make sure that it will fit into your needs. Definitely try working with your friends' Macs before you make any sort of commitment and purchase one for yourself.
If what you have now works fine, then there is absolutely no reason to change it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.