webpages will not load

Reaction score
can anyone help me out--for some reason some webpages wont load on my macbook. it says that my bowser " cant connect to the swerver "enter website here". yahoo is one of the pages that i cant connect to and i have no idea why.. i tried emptying the catche and this didnt work and i even reset my safari browser and this did not work>>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It could be a DNS issue on your provider's end. Have you called and checked things out with your ISP?

OP
L
Reaction score
i havnt looked into it on my isp's end at all becuase i tried to load the same pages on my roomates computer, who has a pc, and the pages loaded fine... does this pinpoint that the problem is on my end??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Not neccessarily, no.
You might only be viewing cached pages on the Windows machine. If you clear the history, cookies and cache on that system and can still connect to those sites, then it is a networking issue. If not, then it is more likely a DNS issue.
Things you can try are a simple restart of the Mac first.
You could also Power Cycle your network setup.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D 2.16
I had a similar problem on my MBP. I had to disable my security settings on my wireless network to get access to certain sites....random. No one could help me..not apple, not my ISP.
-d

OP
L
Reaction score
i dont know if this changes of the advise above but at my home, my interent would not load when it was on my wireless network connect at my house, and now i am at my universities library and the webpages still will not load...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
i dont know if this changes of the advise above but at my home, my interent would not load when it was on my wireless network connect at my house, and now i am at my universities library and the webpages still will not load...

Just for the fun of it, try downloading another browser like Firefox or Opera and run that and see if the same pages will not load. Trying to pinpoint your problem. It's can't hurt to try it.

Reaction score
Can you list a few of the url's that you're having trouble with?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.